Care Act Advocacy

We can help you to be involved in:

  • Care and support assessments
  • Care and support planning
  • Care and support reviews
  • Safeguarding processes

The council must provide you with an advocate if you find being involved in these very hard and you do not have a friend or relative who can help make sure you are involved.

An advocate can support you to:

  • Understand what is happening
  • Understand your choices and make your own decisions
  • Tell others what you want and about your views and feelings
  • Make sure you get your rights
  • Make sure that plans say what you need them to say

Decisions might have been made about you that you are not happy with. Your advocate can help you write a report about the things you don’t like. The advocate will write the report for you if you are not able to.

You may be able to work with an advocate if you are:

  • An adult who needs care and support
  • A carer of an adult
  • A carer of a young person who is about to start using adult services
  • A young person who is about to start using adult services.


You find it very hard to:

  • Understand what is happening and the choices that you have
  • Decide what care and support you need
  • Tell people what you want


  • You do not have any friends or family available (or who feel able) to support you

Advocacy is available if you live at home, in a care home or hospital, or if you are in prison.

Contact us:

  • Telephone: 01785 336387
  • Email:
  • Post: Total Voice Staffordshire, The Northfield Centre, Magnolia Avenue, Stafford ST16 3DU

These leaflets explain how a Care Act advocate can help you.

Care Act Advocacy leaflet (standard version)

Care Act Advocacy leaflet (Easy Read version)